Saturday, June 10, 2017

Writing Long by S.C. Wynne


I saw a post on Facebook about people publishing books really quickly. It seems like that's what
everyone is doing these days. I can't help but feel this has to affect the quality of our work. Maybe I'm just jaded or tired.

When the focus is speed and cranking out book after book, how can that not eat into the careful consideration an author should give their work? Now I realize there are people who can naturally write very quickly and still maintain quality. But when I see how many books are being pumped into the stream, I have to question if ALL of these authors are capable of that.

I myself have felt the pressure to publish books way faster than I would like. When I feel anxious or stressed I don't do my best work. I don't think I'm alone in that.

But I guess the market is what it is and we can either keep up or not. I for one will always want to put quality first, even if it means I'll have to publish a little slower than some others.

S.C.

www.sc-wynne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment